Monday, October 31, 2011

I Got All the Exercise I Needed Today

After I landed at the Detroit airport, I was looking for Delta’s Skyclub to relax, recharge, and freebie drinks.  Since my layover was about 3 hours, I was in no hurry to find one.  I checked the “You Are Here” map and saw that there was one on either side of Concourse A.  Since I was on the north side of the concourse, I thought I was lucky and could find it right away.  I walked around and around and could not see it.  There was no sign anywhere that told you where the damn club was.  So I thought I’d go to the upper level and took the train to the other side of the concourse to find the club there.  Once I got to the upper level, the club was right there.  Duh!  Why was there no sign anywhere that put an arrow pointing up to tell idiots like me how to find the club?

I stood in front of the automatic doors and nothing happened.  I knocked.  And knocked.  Nothing happened.  How odd.  I had to go to the other side anyway if they wouldn’t let me into this one.  I boarded the train and began my journey to the other side of the world.  Once I got there, same thing happened.  Doors were tightly shut.  Automatic doors were not automatic at all.  Then I saw the tiniest sign by the door that told you the club closed on Saturdays.

I was annoyed.  Why Saturdays?  Why not Sundays?  Or Mondays just to piss of those business people?  I took the train back to the south side since my boarding gate was there.  I began to enjoy the train rides.

Since there was no club, I’d better find a seat that was close to an outlet so I could charge my dying phone and dying laptop.  Then I saw a gate agent.  I thought I’d nothing to lose and ask her why Delta decided to close clubs on Saturdays in Detroit.

Me:  Excuse me.  Why is the Skyclub closed today?

Agent:  Closed?  They’re not closed.  The main one is open.  Only the two satellite ones on both sides of the concourse are closed.

Me:  Main one?  There is a main one?

Agent:  You are new to Detroit, aren’t you?  Hahahaha…

Me:  Hahahaha…  Yes.  Very new.  (I sang) Like a virgin…

Agent:  The main one is located near gate 41.  Take the train and get off at the first stop.  The club is there.

Me:  I feel like a silly goose.  I took the train all the way to the other side and found the club closed.  I then took the train all the way back here.  I didn’t even know there was one right in between.

I thanked her and got on my way.  Fortunately, I had 3 hours because I needed every minute of them to find the “SECRET CLUB.”

No comments:

Post a Comment