Monday, November 21, 2011

Injured peple

Such was the case when I was driving to the mall the other day. I was halted at the traffic light, while my injured leg was throbbing, ( having sat in the driver's seat position for 20 minutes now), and I glanced over at the crosswalk to see a bag lady, waiting for the walk sign to change so she could walk across the road.

She started to put her bags down and go to the pole where the buttons were to push to allow the walk sign to change, and she would just pound on both of the buttons. I assume she thought that the more she pushed the buttons, the faster the light would change.

So then she goes back to her bags, picks them up and gets ready to cross the street. I can view in her face that she is getting more upset. All of sudden she drop kicks the bag in her right hand, sending all of its contents flying all over the sidewalk! By now I am cracking up with laughter. She drops the other bag and goes back to the pole and starts hammering on the buttons again! I am not thinking about my injured leg at this point.

She then goes to pick up her belongings, sprinkling sparkling dust from one of the bags all over the sidewalk. She picks up both bags, waits a second, and then when the light does change, shebegins to walk across the street. It was just hilarious, and I so wished I had a video camera at the moment to record her moment of frustration!

This funny incident took me away from the reality of my injury, and reconfirmed my belief to enjoy the little things in life while you can.

No comments:

Post a Comment